Clink! The sound of wine glasses is music to the ears of any couple, especially when you are both enjoying yourselves in such a beautiful place. Spending time with the love of your life outdoors can be one of the most magical experiences imaginable. You spend your days hiking through majestic scenery and your nights star gazing. For any romantic couples camping trip, you need some tips and ideas to get you started.
The Top 5 Tips for Romantic Camping
There is a lot to know about romantic camping, but life is a lot more manageable when an idea is broken down into 5 pieces of advice.
- Location, location, location. Not all locations are created equally. So as in real estate, romantic camping really values the location. You need to consider the area, scenery, and available activities when selecting a location. How secluded is it? You want to choose a scenic, quiet place where you can connect with your partner, ideally in a place where you get stunning sunrises and sunsets. Lastly, you need to be able to have likable activities available to both of you during the day.
- Glamp like there’s no tomorrow. While I usually encourage people to go minimal, these kinds of trips are something you do not want to skimp out on. The goal is to be comfortable and, consequently, connect with your partner on a deeper level. You do this best when you are both relaxed.
- Plan fun excursions. If kayaking is something that will really connect the both of you, then go for it. If you just want to take a slow day hike along the water’s edge, then that sounds best. Do what excites you. When you choose what ignites passion, then it inspires both of you, creating a memorable trip.
- Plan your meals beforehand. One of the keys to being a happy camper is to have plenty of food in your belly. When people go hungry, they can get quite hangry, endangering your romantic getaway. Take the extra time beforehand to carefully cater the meal plan to your partner, so you can both enjoy one another better.
- Complete the experience with a campfire. A good campfire will be sure to spark up the fire in your relationship. A fire is alluring. The way it dances in the air, the aroma it creates, and the warmth it generates all culminate in bringing you and your partner closer together.
Actions Guaranteed to Turn the Romance Sour
While doing something is important, avoiding the bad matters just as much, especially when camping in this manner. Romantic camping is only one step away from a hardcore camping trip.
- Forgetting that this is a romantic getaway. First and foremost, you must not forget that this trip is about adoration and affection. When hiking, a person often goes into trail mode; this is an expedition and we must get there as quickly as possible. Remember to hold hands. Be gentle and tender.
- Going on a risky terrain, everyone has an ego. There is no shame admitting you want to be the best, but connection with your partner through dangerous hiking is bound to put your relationship at risk. You or your significant other could get injured, putting quite the damper on the mood.
- Boring meals, leave the ramen at home buddy. That stuff is for poor college students along with other similar meals, not for you and your future spouse. Romance is about feeling. Your taste buds play a role in that, so it is crucial you both have delicious food.
- Treating your partner like a student. No one knows everything about camping, but you are not a professor and they are not a student. Both of you are empathetic equals, so take the time to see eye to eye. No one wants to be taken back to Middle School 6th grade English class.
- Acting like a know it all is not cool. Some of the smartest people this world has ever known were better off because they admitted they did not know everything. It is okay to say you have no idea where you are going. It is not a character flaw to admit you are wrong. When you let your ego get the better of you, it ruins the fun, so try to see the broader picture instead.
Top Camping Ideas to Consider
There are a lot of different places to take your significant other. From the beach to the forest, you have to consider quite the variety of options.
Hang Loose while Beach Camping
Beach camping is nice. You can go for an afternoon swim after you have hiked in the morning. You can also relax in the sun’s warmth, heating you up. Everyone likes long walks on the beach. The sand plays with your toes as you stride across it, tantalizing your feet.
Desert Camping, Feel the Heat
When camping out in the desert, it can get quite hot. The sun’s rays can be quite the scorcher and the temperature can drop like a rock at night. It is also a place of immense beauty. The cactus can, surprisingly enough, tower over you and the sunsets there can be quite spectacular. Be sure to bring plenty of water.
Forest Camping, the Tried and True Friend
This is always an excellent option. Forests can be full of a variety of wildlife and fascinating plants. There are usually not too many people depending on where you go. Make the necessary packing arrangements before traveling to these areas, so you can fully enjoy the wonders a forest has to offer.
A World of Cozy Weather, Snow Camping
Personally, I would encourage you to refrain from embarking on a romantic snow camping getaway. The quiet atmosphere may sound appealing, but it is going to be quite cold and you will not be able to really glamp in style. Winter camping is about minimalism and keeping as warm as possible. Romantic camping is best done in hotter weather.
If you do camp in this kind of weather, take not of the following. It does, though, get you closer. The frigid weather will be sure to increase the bond between you both as you are drawn to each other for warmth. Also, be sure to pack thoroughly and bring plenty of layers to keep warm.
Mountain Camping, Prepare Your Thighs to Hike
Camping in these areas is always incredible. The scenery can be full of gushing waterfalls and rising mountains. You will be sure to be taken aback by the sheer beauty of such areas. The only downside, if you see it that way, will be the steep hikes. They can take a toll on your thighs. Otherwise, this is a great option to consider.
Jungle Camping, a Humid Adventure
Jungles can be quite hot and sticky. For some people, they enjoy it, but jungles also contain a lot of mosquitoes. If you think that it will help you and your partner reach a new level in your relationship, then go for it. Regardless of what you do in your tent at night, just be aware that you will be quite hot anyway.
When considering different places to go romantic camping, put a lot of thought into it. The location is key to having a wonderful experience. It completes it. When you choose a wonderful place, then your relationship will be enhanced.
Gear You Will Need to Complete the Experience
Proper gear will be sure to complete the trip. In a previous article, you can learn about the basics of camping. The gear listed below will be a great addition to what is discussed in the guide.
Double Sleeping Bag and Air Mattress
Since you are going to be glamping, an air mattress will make you both comfortable. A double sleeping bag will also help you both get closer to one another under the covers. When the weather is a bit too chilly outside, you will both enjoy each other’s company quite a lot.
Proper music will help to complete the experience. When you are listening to In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins, a speaker helps to amplify the air’s aroma. You will be sure to enjoy hearing his words to set the evening’s mood.
LED String Lights
If you want to set the right mood in your tent, then LED string lights will be sure to do the trick. They keep the atmosphere dark, but not too much. With these in your tent, you will be sure to mellow out the mood, so you two can both breathe easy.
Plastic or Stainless Steel Wine Glasses and Wine or Champagne
This article started with a clink of glasses. Your memorable night will do the same. When you have some champagne or wine, it is high class. You are trying to make your partner feel like they are on top of the world, that they are the greatest ever. You want to make them feel special. Proper glasses will be sure to complete the experience.
Relaxing Camping Chairs
At the end of a long of hiking, you are going to want to relax. It is only natural. When this happens, you will be sure to need some proper chairs to help you unwind. Aim to get ones with comfort in mind. Your goal is to have a relaxing getaway.
Candles to Spark the Mood
These are a must. Candles are like a campfire, but a small flame on the end of a wax stick. When you have your dining table a ll set up, candles help to complete the mood when the night sky darkens. They give the low light needed to cultivate the spirit of the evening.
A Final Word for the Love Birds
You got the candles, location, glamping gear, and everything else on point, so much so that it is going to be a unique, special experience. While on the trip, new opportunities will come into being to connect you both on a whole new level every day. Each night, you will gaze up at the stars while holding hands. Before falling off to bed, the last sparks of the fire will abate. Slow down and enjoy yourselves.
If you have any thoughts, questions, or think I missed anything, do not hesitate to comment below and please do share this article. Thank you so much and I hope you make it a great day!